Lamborghini Aventador S launched in India at Rs 5.01 cr
As if the Lamborghini Aventador was not fast enough that the Italian supercar manufacturer has unveiled a hotter and sportier version of it. The Lamborghini Aventador S, which replaces the standard Aventador, is priced at Rs 5.01 crore, ex-showroom. This is the second offering by Lamborghini in India after the Huracan Spyder RWD which was launched last month.
The Lamborghini Aventador S gets a revised styling in the form of a more aggressive front. The company states that while its profile remains identical to the Aventador, every modified component is redesigned to achieve maximum aerodynamic efficiency. This can be seen with the new nose and the longer front splitter which has also improved engine cooling. The silhouette remains unchanged when compared to the Aventador. The rear gets a new bumper that comes with a big diffuser with three exhaust pipes positioned at the centre of the bumper.
Lambo claims that the exhaust unit has been made lighter by 20 per cent to justify the 'S' tag. Additionally, there is an active rear wing that can be adjusted in three positions depending on speed and drive select mode. The company also states that the front downforce has been improved by more than 130 per cent over the previous Aventador Coupe. And when the active rear wing is in its optimum position, the overall efficiency at high downforce is improved by over 50 per cent and, in low drag position, by more than 400 per cent compared to the previous model.
The Aventador S runs on fresh set of 20-inch and 21-inch wheels at the front and rear respectively. The cabin layout is similar to the Aventador, except for the new TFT LCD digital instrument cluster that is the biggest highlight of the S version. The central infotainment system comes with Apple CarPlay as standard.
Powering the Aventador S is the naturally aspirated V12 motor mated with a 7-speed automatic from the standard Aventador Coupe. This one now makes 740PS of power at 8,400rpm which is addition of 40PS compared to the previous model. The torque rating of the motor remains unchanged at 690Nm that is made at 5,500rpm. The Aventador S can reach 100kmph in 2.9 seconds with a maximum speed of 350kmph, claims the manufacturer. The Aventador S, like other Lambos, also gets driving modes - Strada, Sport and Corsa. In addition, there is the new Ego mode which allows the driver to individually adjust drivetrain and suspension settings.
The coupe is based on the lightweight carbon-fibre monocoque with attached aluminium frames resulting in a dry weight of 1,575kg. The Italian sportscar features a four-wheel steering system that turns the rear wheels along with the front wheels, while entering a corner.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil