Lamborghini Aventador SVJ images leaked ahead of official reveal
The first full image of the hotly anticipated Lamborghini Aventor SVJ has been leaked on the internet by H.R. Owen, a dealership in the UK. This singular frontal shot of the car is also in its distinctive neon-green launch colour. But of more interest are new details this picture reveals, most noticeable of which are the dual aero slats on either side of the front Lamborghini emblem. The new pictures also show the heavily reworked front bumper, especially the new front splitter. The dual-level rear spoiler is also a new addition.
Changes to the car over the standard Aventador SV are a 20PS power bump for the 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 which now makes 760PS and 720 Nm. The new aerodynamic paraphernalia derived from the Huracan Performante brings about a 40 per cent downforce, the car now makes 490 kilograms at top speed, split 40:60 front/rear. The shift times are also possible quicker while there hasn't been any significant weight gain over the standard car. All of these changes come together for the Aventador SVJ to be the fastest road-going supercar around the Nurburgring. It recently beat the record held by the Porsche 911 GT2 RS by two seconds when it went around that track in 6m 44.97s.
The Jota nameplate is reserved only for the rarest of Lamborghinis. The first time this name was used in the Miura in 1970 for a race-prepared version of the iconic car. This was followed by just two hardcore examples of the Diablo and a one-off open-top version bearing this name was made for the Murcielago. Expect the Aventador SVJ to have a truncated production run after it makes its debut at this year's Pebble Beach.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India