Lamborghini Aventador SVJ images leaked ahead of official reveal
The first full image of the hotly anticipated Lamborghini Aventor SVJ has been leaked on the internet by H.R. Owen, a dealership in the UK. This singular frontal shot of the car is also in its distinctive neon-green launch colour. But of more interest are new details this picture reveals, most noticeable of which are the dual aero slats on either side of the front Lamborghini emblem. The new pictures also show the heavily reworked front bumper, especially the new front splitter. The dual-level rear spoiler is also a new addition.
Changes to the car over the standard Aventador SV are a 20PS power bump for the 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 which now makes 760PS and 720 Nm. The new aerodynamic paraphernalia derived from the Huracan Performante brings about a 40 per cent downforce, the car now makes 490 kilograms at top speed, split 40:60 front/rear. The shift times are also possible quicker while there hasn't been any significant weight gain over the standard car. All of these changes come together for the Aventador SVJ to be the fastest road-going supercar around the Nurburgring. It recently beat the record held by the Porsche 911 GT2 RS by two seconds when it went around that track in 6m 44.97s.
The Jota nameplate is reserved only for the rarest of Lamborghinis. The first time this name was used in the Miura in 1970 for a race-prepared version of the iconic car. This was followed by just two hardcore examples of the Diablo and a one-off open-top version bearing this name was made for the Murcielago. Expect the Aventador SVJ to have a truncated production run after it makes its debut at this year's Pebble Beach.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil