Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched in India at Rs 3.97 crore
The fastest production car around the 'Green Hell' is now in India. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante, which was unveiled recently in Geneva, can now be yours for only Rs 3.97 crore, ex-showroom. The Performante sits on the top of the Huracan range in India and is also the most powerful.
Lamborghini has fettled the naturally aspirated 5.2-litre V10 engine in the Huracan to make 640PS and 600Nm in the Performante. This is an increase of 40PS and 40Nm over the regular Huracan. Not only this, the Performante is 40kg lighter than the Huracan coupe at 1,382kg. This gives it a power-to-weight ratio of 463PS/tonne. The car, just before the Geneva unveil, set a lap time of 6m 52.01s at the Nürburgring. This is an incredible 5s quicker than the current record holder, the Porsche 918 Spyder.
Helping the Huracan achieve this level of performance is also the use of forged composites for parts that usually would have been carbon fibre. Lambo says that use of carbon fibre wouldn't have allowed them the flexibility to create complex shapes, something which forged composites give the liberty of.
There are other aero bits like the active flaps on the rear ducts and spoilers which help in reducing the drag.
Starts Rs 3.22 Crore
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block