Lamborghini Huracan Performante to be launched in India on April 7, 2017
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante will be launched in India on April 7, 2017. This will be the most expensive variant of the Huracan and will feature the most powerful engine too. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante runs a naturally aspirated 5.2-litre V10 which produces 640PS of power at 8,000rpm and 600Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. This is 40PS and 40Nm more than the standard Lamborghini Huracan Coupe.
With a kerb weight of 1,382kg, the Huracan Performante is also 40kg lighter than the standard car, giving it a power-to-weight ratio of 463.1PS per tonne. The reduction in weight is due to the use of forged composite in structural components like the front and rear spoilers, the engine bonnet as well as the rear bumper and diffuser. Forged composite uses chopped carbon-fibre resin, which allows the brand to create "complex geometrical shapes" which wouldn't be possible with traditional carbon fibre.
The Huracan Performante's suspension has been stiffened by 10 per cent over the standard car, and the electromechanical steering system has been reworked for better response. The car also features what Lamborghini calls Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva (ALA), or active aerodynamics. The system features electric motors which control flaps on the front spoiler and rear ducts. These flaps are opened and closed within 500 milliseconds depending on how much downforce is required.
It recently set a lap time of 6m 52.01s on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, breaking record for the fastest production car. The previous record of 6m 57s was set in a Porsche 918 Spyder.
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively