Lamborghini Huracan Performante to be launched in India on April 7, 2017
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante will be launched in India on April 7, 2017. This will be the most expensive variant of the Huracan and will feature the most powerful engine too. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante runs a naturally aspirated 5.2-litre V10 which produces 640PS of power at 8,000rpm and 600Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. This is 40PS and 40Nm more than the standard Lamborghini Huracan Coupe.
With a kerb weight of 1,382kg, the Huracan Performante is also 40kg lighter than the standard car, giving it a power-to-weight ratio of 463.1PS per tonne. The reduction in weight is due to the use of forged composite in structural components like the front and rear spoilers, the engine bonnet as well as the rear bumper and diffuser. Forged composite uses chopped carbon-fibre resin, which allows the brand to create "complex geometrical shapes" which wouldn't be possible with traditional carbon fibre.
The Huracan Performante's suspension has been stiffened by 10 per cent over the standard car, and the electromechanical steering system has been reworked for better response. The car also features what Lamborghini calls Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva (ALA), or active aerodynamics. The system features electric motors which control flaps on the front spoiler and rear ducts. These flaps are opened and closed within 500 milliseconds depending on how much downforce is required.
It recently set a lap time of 6m 52.01s on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, breaking record for the fastest production car. The previous record of 6m 57s was set in a Porsche 918 Spyder.
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh