Lamborghini Huracan Performante to be launched in India on April 7, 2017
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante will be launched in India on April 7, 2017. This will be the most expensive variant of the Huracan and will feature the most powerful engine too. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante runs a naturally aspirated 5.2-litre V10 which produces 640PS of power at 8,000rpm and 600Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. This is 40PS and 40Nm more than the standard Lamborghini Huracan Coupe.
With a kerb weight of 1,382kg, the Huracan Performante is also 40kg lighter than the standard car, giving it a power-to-weight ratio of 463.1PS per tonne. The reduction in weight is due to the use of forged composite in structural components like the front and rear spoilers, the engine bonnet as well as the rear bumper and diffuser. Forged composite uses chopped carbon-fibre resin, which allows the brand to create "complex geometrical shapes" which wouldn't be possible with traditional carbon fibre.
The Huracan Performante's suspension has been stiffened by 10 per cent over the standard car, and the electromechanical steering system has been reworked for better response. The car also features what Lamborghini calls Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva (ALA), or active aerodynamics. The system features electric motors which control flaps on the front spoiler and rear ducts. These flaps are opened and closed within 500 milliseconds depending on how much downforce is required.
It recently set a lap time of 6m 52.01s on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, breaking record for the fastest production car. The previous record of 6m 57s was set in a Porsche 918 Spyder.
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India