Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo racecar revealed
Lamborghini has unveiled an updated version of its racecar for its Super Trofeo one-make racing series - the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo. It is essentially a body kit upgrade to the Lamborghini Huracan LP 620-2 Super Trofeo racecar which was unveiled three years ago, and will be eligible for participation in global GT series as well. Lamborghini had earlier revealed the all the details on its new Avendator S Roadster which is on sale in India at Rs 5.79 Crore ex-showroom.
The new Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo is essentially a body kit update
The car still manages to be around 1.5 seconds quicker around the Monza circuit with the only mechanical change being a new exhaust system. How, you ask? It all comes down to its improved aerodynamics. There are significant changes to the bodywork, with just the front splitter, rear diffuser and the floor, being carried over from the previous-gen car. Visually, the most noticeable changes are the new rear fin and air intake on the roof. The fin is a part of the new carbon-fibre body kit and is said to improve aerodynamic efficiency by reducing resistance to forward motion by 8 per cent. The air intake meanwhile, provides dynamic supercharging for the same naturally-aspirated 620PS 5.2-litre V10, which now generates three per cent more torque at top speed. The car continues to come with a 6-speed sequential gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels.
Only the from splitter, the floor and the rear diffuser on the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo have been carried over from the previous-gen car
The fin on the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo's roof is said to help with the improved aerodynamic efficiency
The new Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo, which will make its track debut in 2018, also features an added safety feature - a roof hatch. Since this is essentially a new body kit Lamborghini is selling this upgrade as an upgrade kit to those that own the previous generation car.
Starts Rs 2.99 Crore
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India