Lamborghini Urus SUV to make over 600PS and 800Nm
More details about Lamborghini's latest offering, the Urus SUV, have come up on the Internet from UK's Auto Express. It puts out some images of a production-ready Lamborghini Urus too. The report states that Lamborghini's latest SUV will produce over 600PS of power and 800Nm of torque from a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine. It will also get a dual-clutch transmission and an all-wheel drive system.
The Lamborghini Urus will also borrow some really cool technology from the Aventador S (which will be launched in India on March 3) like the electronic four-wheel steering and electronic dampers. Lamborghini will also bring out a plug-in hybrid powertrain for the Urus in the future, which will be the brand's first venture into electrification. The Urus is the second SUV from Lamborghini, after the LM002 was pulled out of production in 1993.
Stefano Domenicali, CEO of Lamborghini, told Auto Express that he expects the Urus to account for half of Lamborghini's global sales by the year 2019. He also said that while initial demand for the Urus will be quite high considering how the market reacts to SUVs, the real challenge would be to sustain sales after the first two years. When the Lamborghini Urus is launched globally later this year, the prices will start from around £180,000 (Rs 1.49 crore).
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Could EICMA and INTERMOT be compromised by the global pandemic?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Tesla Model 3 and Model S parts being used to make ventilators
- NewsMazda celebrates centenary with special editions across models inspired by the R360
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055