Lamborghini Urus SUV to make over 600PS and 800Nm
More details about Lamborghini's latest offering, the Urus SUV, have come up on the Internet from UK's Auto Express. It puts out some images of a production-ready Lamborghini Urus too. The report states that Lamborghini's latest SUV will produce over 600PS of power and 800Nm of torque from a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine. It will also get a dual-clutch transmission and an all-wheel drive system.
The Lamborghini Urus will also borrow some really cool technology from the Aventador S (which will be launched in India on March 3) like the electronic four-wheel steering and electronic dampers. Lamborghini will also bring out a plug-in hybrid powertrain for the Urus in the future, which will be the brand's first venture into electrification. The Urus is the second SUV from Lamborghini, after the LM002 was pulled out of production in 1993.
Stefano Domenicali, CEO of Lamborghini, told Auto Express that he expects the Urus to account for half of Lamborghini's global sales by the year 2019. He also said that while initial demand for the Urus will be quite high considering how the market reacts to SUVs, the real challenge would be to sustain sales after the first two years. When the Lamborghini Urus is launched globally later this year, the prices will start from around £180,000 (Rs 1.49 crore).
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- News2019 Mahindra Thar 700 limited edition 4x4 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsHonda Amaze Ace edition launched at Rs 7.89 lakh to celebrate 1 lakh sales in 13 months
- NewsMG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch
- News2019 Le Mans 24: No.8 Toyota of Nakajima, Buemi and Alonso takes victory
- NewsWhat to expect from Revolt's all-electric motorcycle - India debut tomorrow