Lamborghini Urus will be powered by a 650PS 4.0-litre V8
We believe the year 2017 will be most important for the Italian carmaker Lamborghini. Firstly, it brought the Huracan Performante that was one of the fastest cars on the Nurburgring track. And secondly, the car manufacturer will be debuting the Urus SUV by the end of this year, December 4 to be precise. The Lamborghini Urus will be manufactured at the company's Sant'Agata plant in Italy, wherein deliveries are expected to begin in 2018.
Underpinning the Lamborghini Urus will be same platform as the new-age Audi Q7 and the Bentley Bentayga. However, the Urus will come equipped with a 48V electric motor that will help the active anti-roll suspension. In this system, the stiffness level is adjusted to reduce body roll during cornering at high speeds.
It has now been confirmed that the Lamborghini Urus will be powered by a twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8. This is the first time in the company's history that a turbo would be used instead of a naturally aspirated motor. While there were speculations that the power output of the Urus will range from 600-800PS, however Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali has confirmed that the motor will make 650PS of power. The reason for that is the greater low-end torque which will also make the Urus the fastest SUV on the planet, claims the company. After the regular model rolls out next year, there will be a plug-in hybrid next year.
Lamborghini is positive abput the Usus and expects an annual production volume of around 3,000 vehicles. The company will be targeting markets alike the USA, the United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, the Middle East and China. When the Lamborghini Urus is launched globally later this year, the prices will start from around £180,000 (Rs 1.49 crore).
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch