Land Rover continues 70th anniversary celebrations, releases new film Land of Land Rovers
This year is an important one for British automobile manufacturer Land Rover for they are celebrating 70 years of existence. The first Land Rover car, registered HUE 166, was unveiled on April 30 at the 1948 Amsterdam Motor Show. And now the Brit brand has released a short film titled "Land of Land Rovers" that has been shot at a remote location deep in the Indian Himalayan region.
In this feature, one would see a fleet of classic Series Land Rover models dating from 1957 that provide a vital transport link between Maneybhanjang and Sandakphu in West Bengal. The village of Sandakphu sits at an altitude of 3 636 m and is accessible by a steep and rocky track that is often covered using a fleet of 42 thoroughly well-maintained Series Land Rovers. The film highlights a 31 km journey frequented by residents of Maneybhanjang in West Bengal, India to Sandakphu for their means of living. The brand states that towering gradients, rock-strewn pony tracks and treacherous weather are just some of the hazards faced on a daily basis by the residents and their Land Rovers on the journey to the hilltop village, which sits at an altitude of approximately 3,636m.
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019