Land Rover Discovery Commercial 2-seater launched, deliveries to begin in mid-2018
Jaguar Land Rover has spun a Christmas surprise with the global launch of the Land Rover Discovery Commercial. The Land Rover Discovery Commercial is essentially the regular fifth generation Land Rover Discovery, but with only the front two seats in place. The rest of the seats have been removed from the Land Rover Discovery Commercial to liberate loading space in the back. This change gives the Discovery Commercial 1,856 litres of boot space in the loading area. The rear has been separated into a solid luggage space with a cage behind the front seats of the Land Rover Discovery Commercial. The Land Rover Discovery Commercial also gets window concealers behind passenger and rear windows to disallow peeking into the loading space. Mechanically, the Land Rover Discovery Commercial is identical to its passenger vehicle version. It comes with two engine options - 2-litre SD4 diesel that outputs 240PS and the 3-litre V6 diesel that gives out 258PS. It has been priced at £ 40,333 (Rs 34.63 lakh) in the UK.
Having a commercial vehicle in the lineup will help JLR save tax with some concessions. The Discovery Commercial also features the same automatic gearbox with the twin-speed transfer box, with the air suspension as well as Terrain Response off-road modes. That is one posh commercial vehicle if you ask us, and if it does find takers, they will be customers with highly specific needs.
Deliveries for the Discovery Commercial will begin in mid-2018. However, we are not aware if JLR will bring this model to India owing to the price factor. If it does come to India, would you buy one? If so, what use would you put it to? Please let us know in the comments.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out