Land Rover Discovery Commercial 2-seater launched, deliveries to begin in mid-2018
Jaguar Land Rover has spun a Christmas surprise with the global launch of the Land Rover Discovery Commercial. The Land Rover Discovery Commercial is essentially the regular fifth generation Land Rover Discovery, but with only the front two seats in place. The rest of the seats have been removed from the Land Rover Discovery Commercial to liberate loading space in the back. This change gives the Discovery Commercial 1,856 litres of boot space in the loading area. The rear has been separated into a solid luggage space with a cage behind the front seats of the Land Rover Discovery Commercial. The Land Rover Discovery Commercial also gets window concealers behind passenger and rear windows to disallow peeking into the loading space. Mechanically, the Land Rover Discovery Commercial is identical to its passenger vehicle version. It comes with two engine options - 2-litre SD4 diesel that outputs 240PS and the 3-litre V6 diesel that gives out 258PS. It has been priced at £ 40,333 (Rs 34.63 lakh) in the UK.
Having a commercial vehicle in the lineup will help JLR save tax with some concessions. The Discovery Commercial also features the same automatic gearbox with the twin-speed transfer box, with the air suspension as well as Terrain Response off-road modes. That is one posh commercial vehicle if you ask us, and if it does find takers, they will be customers with highly specific needs.
Deliveries for the Discovery Commercial will begin in mid-2018. However, we are not aware if JLR will bring this model to India owing to the price factor. If it does come to India, would you buy one? If so, what use would you put it to? Please let us know in the comments.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review