Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
Jaguar Land Rover has announced that the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol motor already powering the on a number of Jaguar cars is also now available on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque SUVs. This motor is available on the Discovery Sport in the SE and HSE trim, priced from Rs 49.20 lakh. The Evoque Ingenium petrol is also available in SE and the HSE Dynamic trim at Rs 51.06 lakh onwards.
These Ingenium engines employ a low friction aluminium-intensive design to increase thermal efficiency and reduce weight which in turn improves fuel economy. The twin scroll turbo in these engines should reduce the turbo lag and improve power output. Jaguar claims that these Ingenium engines will deliver improved efficiency, lower running costs and enhanced performance.
The 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol is available on these SUVs in the 240PS and 340 Nm trim. However, the engine is mounted transversely in these cars. The eight-speed ZF automatic remains the same.
This engine is already available on the Range Rover Velar and the recently launched Evoque convertible. Given the current uncertainty over the fate of diesel powered cars and deregulated fuel prices, buyers are seeing petrol engines in big cars as a viable option again. This development will help JLR cater to these buyers.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison test: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV 500 vs Jeep Compass
- NewsOla ban revoked after Karnataka Government fines cab aggregator Rs 15 Lakh
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip