Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
Jaguar Land Rover has announced that the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol motor already powering the on a number of Jaguar cars is also now available on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque SUVs. This motor is available on the Discovery Sport in the SE and HSE trim, priced from Rs 49.20 lakh. The Evoque Ingenium petrol is also available in SE and the HSE Dynamic trim at Rs 51.06 lakh onwards.
These Ingenium engines employ a low friction aluminium-intensive design to increase thermal efficiency and reduce weight which in turn improves fuel economy. The twin scroll turbo in these engines should reduce the turbo lag and improve power output. Jaguar claims that these Ingenium engines will deliver improved efficiency, lower running costs and enhanced performance.
The 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol is available on these SUVs in the 240PS and 340 Nm trim. However, the engine is mounted transversely in these cars. The eight-speed ZF automatic remains the same.
This engine is already available on the Range Rover Velar and the recently launched Evoque convertible. Given the current uncertainty over the fate of diesel powered cars and deregulated fuel prices, buyers are seeing petrol engines in big cars as a viable option again. This development will help JLR cater to these buyers.
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019