Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
Jaguar Land Rover has announced that the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol motor already powering the on a number of Jaguar cars is also now available on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque SUVs. This motor is available on the Discovery Sport in the SE and HSE trim, priced from Rs 49.20 lakh. The Evoque Ingenium petrol is also available in SE and the HSE Dynamic trim at Rs 51.06 lakh onwards.
These Ingenium engines employ a low friction aluminium-intensive design to increase thermal efficiency and reduce weight which in turn improves fuel economy. The twin scroll turbo in these engines should reduce the turbo lag and improve power output. Jaguar claims that these Ingenium engines will deliver improved efficiency, lower running costs and enhanced performance.
The 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol is available on these SUVs in the 240PS and 340 Nm trim. However, the engine is mounted transversely in these cars. The eight-speed ZF automatic remains the same.
This engine is already available on the Range Rover Velar and the recently launched Evoque convertible. Given the current uncertainty over the fate of diesel powered cars and deregulated fuel prices, buyers are seeing petrol engines in big cars as a viable option again. This development will help JLR cater to these buyers.
Starts Rs 42.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!
- NewsBMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS: Watch the BMW Motorrad live webcast here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing