Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
Jaguar Land Rover has announced that the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol motor already powering the on a number of Jaguar cars is also now available on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque SUVs. This motor is available on the Discovery Sport in the SE and HSE trim, priced from Rs 49.20 lakh. The Evoque Ingenium petrol is also available in SE and the HSE Dynamic trim at Rs 51.06 lakh onwards.
These Ingenium engines employ a low friction aluminium-intensive design to increase thermal efficiency and reduce weight which in turn improves fuel economy. The twin scroll turbo in these engines should reduce the turbo lag and improve power output. Jaguar claims that these Ingenium engines will deliver improved efficiency, lower running costs and enhanced performance.
The 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol is available on these SUVs in the 240PS and 340 Nm trim. However, the engine is mounted transversely in these cars. The eight-speed ZF automatic remains the same.
This engine is already available on the Range Rover Velar and the recently launched Evoque convertible. Given the current uncertainty over the fate of diesel powered cars and deregulated fuel prices, buyers are seeing petrol engines in big cars as a viable option again. This development will help JLR cater to these buyers.
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live