Land Rover Discovery Sport petrol variant launched in India at Rs 56.50 lakh
Land Rover has launched the petrol variant of its Discovery Sport SUV in India. With prices starting at Rs 56.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the petrol variant will be available only in the HSE trim. The 2.0-litre petrol derivative will be sold in addition to the 2.2-litre TD4 and SD4 diesel engines already on sale in the Indian market since September 2015.
The 4-cylinder 1,999cc petrol engine will produce 240PS along with 340Nm of torque at 1,750rpm. It will be mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. Apart from the new engine offering, the petrol Discovery Sport remains the same as its diesel sibling. The SUV in its HSE trim will possess Land Rover's trademark 'All Terrain Capability' along with other features like hill descent control, electronic traction control, adaptive Xenon headlamps and panoramic sunroof. The petrol variant will be sold alongside its diesel cousins at all 23 authorised retail outlets.
The 2016 Discovery Sport has been the first member in the manufacturer's new Discovery line-up. The diesel trim is available in four variants with prices ranging from Rs 46.10 lakh (ex-Mumbai) to Rs 62.18 lakh(ex-Mumbai).
As per recent reports, the manufacturer is already looking to roll out the 2017 version of the Discovery Sport. The update will introduce new technological additions and minor exterior cosmetic changes while the mechanical specifications are expected to remain the same.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000