Land Rover plans to introduce hybrid SUVs in the Indian market by year-end
Land Rover has proposed to launch its hybrids SUVs in the India market. The company plans to commence the electrification of its SUVs by the end of 2019. This is in line with Jaguar Land Rover's global commitment to introduce electrified options on its entire product portfolio by 2020. The companies propose to offer Hybrids as well as all-electric vehicles i.e Jaguar confirmed the launch of the I-Pace in India by the second half of 2020. Following the Jaguar I-Pace could be the updated Jaguar XE with a plug-in hybrid.
The first SUV from the Land Rover stable could be the second generation 2020 Range Rover Evoque that is expected to be launched soon. Following the Evoque could be the updated plug-in hybrid Range Rover Velar. The Land Rover Discovery hybrid could also break cover sometime early next year.
On the occasion, Rohit Suri, president and managing director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL) said, "Jaguar Land Rover's focus is to commit itself to a more sustainable future and our
engineers have developed just the right products to lead us on this path."
The introduction of electrified vehicles in Jaguar Land Rover India's portfolio is in line with the government's thrust towards electric vehicles. The company is encouraged by the introduction of FAME-II by the Government of India and it focuses on the expansion of the charging infrastructure in the country. This is bound to help with faster adoption of all kinds of Electric Vehicles in due course." he further added.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsMG Motor India to set up 100-member women's hostel for workforce
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: GWM Ora R1
- NewsGet your Formula 1 fix with these classic F1 races that will be aired on Star Sports Select beginning April 10
- NewsUpcoming crossovers expected to launch in India by end of 2020
- NewsMG Hector BSVI diesel prices start at Rs 13.88 lakh
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055