Land Rover SUVs get major price revisions in India
Jaguar Land Rover has announced a massive price cut for its SUV models in India. This includes almost Rs 4 lakh off on the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Rs 3 lakh off on the Evoque. Both these models recently went from being CBU to CKD and this explains the price revision. However, JLR isn't just happy lopping off the price of these entry and mid-level SUVs. It has also announced a price cut for the CBUs, namely the Range Rover Sport around Rs 32 lakh while the top-spec Vogue gets an eye popping Rs 50 lakh discount. The reason is said to be the drop in value of the English pound because of Brexit. There is no price revision to the recently launched F-Pace though. In the coming months, the Velar is also expected to make its way to the Indian market.
With these price cuts, JLR hopes to position itself better in the country. With the increasing number of luxury vehicle entering the Indian market, JLR has been facing a stiff competition especially because of the not so impressive number of sales and service outlets compared to its German competition like Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed