Last two examples of the Koenigsegg Agera hypercar revealed
Koenigsegg, the hypercar-maker from Sweden which has made a business out of breaking records, announced that the last two examples of its Koenigsegg Agera hypercar have been built.
These are being collectively called the 'Final Edition' cars. One has been named Thor and the other Vader. Both cars are the top of the line Agera RS and come fitted with every option that Koenigsegg offers on the Agera, at no extra cost. Bespoke aerodynamic additions like custom front winglets, enlarged front and rear spoilers, set them apart from earlier Ageras.
Both cars get the 1MW engine upgrade. This puts the 5.0-litre supercharged V8 in the same state of tune as in the Koenigsegg One:1, the hypercar noted for having a power-to-weight ratio of 1PS per kg. This engine makes 1378PS and 1370Nm.
Thor is finished in two-tone clear carbon with diamond-flake in select sections of the paintwork. The body features a large LeMans-style central fin for high-speed stability as well as Koenigsegg's active aerodynamic solutions.
Väder is finished in traditional clear carbon with diamond flake and features two small rear winglets and highlights finished in white gold leaf. The enlarged rear spoiler is supported by strakes with bespoke cutouts that reveal the skeleton supporting the active rear wing.
Both cars have already been sold to buyers will make their public debut at the 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed. An all-new replacement will debut in 2019.
The Agera has been Koenigsegg's longest selling car, first debuting in 2010. Only 25 examples exist of the Agera RS, a car which holds the record for being the fastest in the world. It hit447 kmph during a run in a closed section of highway in Nevada last year, also breaking various other records in the process. Aside from how capable the car is, the Agera has also been instrumental in Koenigsegg becoming a credible maker of hypercars. It is now considered a plausible rival to established brands, and not just another one of the many cottage industry hypercar brands that dot Europe.
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer