Launched 2012 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 in India
Royal Enfield has launched the much-awaited Thunderbird 500 in India at a price of Rs 1.82 lakh on-road Mumbai. Shown earlier at the 2012 Auto Expo, the Thunderbird 500 has a 500cc UCE engine producing 27.1PS and 41.3Nm of power and torque figures respectively. The Thunderbird 500 has a 20-litre fuel tank which the company claims will last for a good 500kms before needing a refuel.
A new projector headlamp unit, new meters, forks, seats and others are the major changes in the Thunderbird 500. There are three black colours on offer - matte black, black and blue-black. Royal Enfield has also updated the design of the Thunderbird 350. However, the 350cc mill makes do with a carburettor. The company claims a 600km range from the 20-litre fuel tank. It is priced at Rs 1.43 lakh on-road in Mumbai.
Here is the first ride of the Thunderbird 500
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: Range Rover Sport vs Volvo XC90
- NewsWhat to expect from the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV - Unveiling June 20
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package
- NewsFIA Formula E: Mahindra Racing returns to site of their first win - the Berlin ePrix
- NewsHyundai could offer 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in Elite i20 and Verna in near future