Launched: 2013 Isuzu MU-7 and D-Max in India at Rs 23.75 and Rs 6.87 lakhs
Japanese car maker Isuzu has launched its Fortuner rival, the MU-7 and the D-Max single and double cabs in India. While the MU-7 is priced at Rs 23.75 lakh, the single cab version of the D-Max is priced at Rs 6.87 lakh and the double cab at Rs 8.07 lakh, ex-Hyderabad. Currently the company is bringing in these vehicles as CBUs, however, once local assembly starts at its newly acquired 4.3 lakh sq.metre land at Sricity, prices are expected to go down. The new plant is expected to go live by 2015 and will roll out the MU-7 and D-Max.
Powering the big MU-7 is a 165PS/340Nm 3.0-litre turbodiesel engine mated to a choice of 5-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmissions. Traditionally, the MU-7 looks like a typical old-school SUV, big, butch and with loads of street presence. In a bid to liven things, the Japanese car maker has applied generous smatterings of chrome on the grille and around the sides. Inside, there are three rows of leather seats and the usual goodies found in this segment.
Starts Rs 15.54 Lakhs
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020
- NewsUpcoming 2020 Honda Jazz teased ahead of global debut
- NewsHyundai Venue SUVs set out on the third Great India Drive
- Review2020 Bentley Flying Spur W12 First Drive Review