Lavasa Women's Drive to be held on February 22
The largest women drive in the country is back for its 6th edition. Lavasa women's drive will consist around 2000 women participating in this initiative which sees them celebrating the spirit of womenhood adventure and compassion. Registrations and voting for the same are open on www.lavasawomensdrive.com.
The drive will be flagged off on February 22 from Mumbai and Pune, from where, participants will drive to the beautiful hill city of Lavasa and spend a day in the lap of nature. Awareness about various social issues affecting women will be spread by displaying it on their vehicles.
With a view to meet the overwhelming demand for participation the organizers have set up a selection process which constitutes a referral system. Entry will be tough if history is anything to go by previous editions of the drive have seen over 7000 women generating more than 27 lakh votes for themselves by getting referrals from friends and acquaintances. Hopefuls getting maximum number of votes will be the lucky ones to take part in the drive.
Lavasa officials at last year's Women's Drive
The Lavasa Women's Drive is conducted in Time/Speed/Distance (TSD) format and will comply with the International sporting code. Navigation will be done with the help of Tulip chart. Each car will need a minimum of two women in the guise of driver and navigator.
Rajgopal Nogja, Group COO & whole-time director HCC said, "The drive has always captured multiple aspects - the fun, adventure and spirit of the Indian woman combined with her passion for social causes. For the first time the Drive will also see international participation. Women from neighboring countries are travelling to Mumbai and Pune to participate."
The Women's Drive has actively supported the cause of cancer prevention in females by means of detection. Majority of the registration money is donated to Women's Cancer Initiative of Tata Memorial Hospital. A preliminary health check-up camp has also been set up by the women's cancer initiative of Tata Memorial Hospital on February 7 and 8 at Lavasa.
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh