Leaked: Mahindra NuvoSport diesel engine specifications
The engine specifications of the Mahindra NuvoSport have been leaked ahead of its upcoming launch. As seen in the spec sheet, the Mahindra NuvoSport will use the Quanto's 1.5-litre three-pot diesel engine coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission. It has a maximum power output of 100PS and peak torque of 240Nm. However, Mahindra has introduced an Economy mode which, when engaged, reduces power to 72.6PS and torque to 180Nm. Although this specification sheet doesn't mention it, the NuvoSport will also be offered with a 5-speed AMT like the Mahindra TUV300. The Mahindra NuvoSport will also get a new 1.2-litre mHawk 100 petrol engine with a 5-speed manual (see our earlier story to know more).
The exterior of the Mahindra NuvoSport features an all-new front fascia with a higher bonnet, eyebrow-like DRLs, a larger air dam, a smaller grille and new fog lamps and indicators. This sub-four metre SUV also gets new alloys wheels and door cladding for a more rugged stance. The rear meanwhile, is identical to that of the Mahindra Quanto save for the blackened lights.
The Mahindra NuvoSport, like the Quanto will be a seven-seater with two jump-seats in the boot. The updated interior will feature an eight-way adjustable seat with lumbar support (for the driver) and a double-DIN touchscreen infotainment system. The top-spec N8/C8 variants will also feature cruise control.
The NuvoSport will be a more premium offering than the Mahindra TUV300 and we expect it to be priced between Rs 5.5 lakh to Rs 8.5 lakh.
Image source: team-bhp.com
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Mahindra NuvoSport:
Starts Rs 7.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally