Lego Technic's 1970 Dodge Charger R/T is inspired by Fast and the Furious
The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has delayed the release date of the upcoming Fast and Furious 9 to April 2021. However, fans can still recreate the moments of the blockbuster franchise at their homes this year. Lego Technic has unveiled a 1,077-piece replica of Dominic Toretto's (Vin Diesel) legendary 1970 Dodge Charger R/T shown in the first Fast and Furious movie. The set is priced at USD 99.99 (approx. Rs 7,633 excluding import duty), can be pre-ordered on the Lego website and will be available online from April 22, 2020 onward.
In terms of detailing, the Lego replica features the iconic V8 engine with moving pistons, double wishbone suspension and a wheelie bar. Additionally, there are nitro bottles and a fire extinguisher too. This 1:13 scale model set of the Dodge Charger measures 15 inches in length and six inches in width and is suitable for children above 10 years of age.
"The high-octane action of the Fast & Furious franchise has captured the hearts and imaginations of petrolheads the world over. We want to inspire people of all ages to explore their creativity through building whatever their passion is, and we know fans of Lego Technic and the blockbuster franchise love cool cars and adrenaline-fuelled fun. Brought together by that same passion, we worked really closely with the Universal team to bring Dom's Dodge Charger to life in the most minute detail to inspire Fast & Furious fans and Lego Technic builders around the world."
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed