Lexus India appoints N Raja as chairman
Lexus India has announced a change in its top leadership. N Raja has now been appointed as the chairman for Lexus India, while PB Venugopal is the president and Tadashi Sakamoto the executive vice president of the company. All three appointments are effective from January 2, 2018. In the past, Lexus India vice-president Arun Nair has spoken to us and given us an overview of the eco-friendly hybrid vehicles that Lexus has brought to India, with the latest being the Lexus NX300h. Earlier, senior vice-president Akitoshi Takemura had spoken to OVERDRIVE and told us about the plan Lexus has for India as well as their customer profile. Launched here in March 2017, the brand less than a year old in India at present and has already launched four models in the country.
In late 2017, Lexus was studying the possibilities of setting up a manufacturing unit in India. Asked about the same, Lexus president Yoshihiro Sawa said, "I do not know when it will (happen) but we are studying...Taxation is so hard so we are now studying". When asked about the duty structure in India, he said it is a problem "but eventually, the government maintained the current condition, which is good for us, so we can continue our business". Pointing out the potential of Indian market, he added: "I hope Lexus will grow but we are just standing at the start point now". Currently, the company imports models into India from Japan. The Lexus ES 300h sedan, Lexus RX 450h crossover, LX 450d SUV, and Lexus NX 300 h are currently on sale in India.
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally