Lexus LC500h GT coupe launched in India at Rs 1.96 crore ex-showroom
Lexus has launched the LC500h in India at a starting price of Rs 1.96 crore ex-showroom. The LC500h will come as a completely built unit (CBU) with hybrid technology featuring a 3.6-litre V6 petrol-electric combined powertrain producing a total of 354PS and 348Nm of torque. The transmission is a combination of 4-speed automatic embedded within a CVT, which gives the driver 10 selectable gears to go through. The LC500h will do a 0-100 kmph mark in 4.7sec, as claimed by the company. At the launch event, Lexus also announced the network expansion in four more cities, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kochi.
Also, the Lexus ES 300h luxury sedan will now be made in India, breaking the Lexus' all CBU's portfolio in India. This has resulted in a price reduction by Rs 8 lakh for the base LS Exquisite variant, which now starts at Rs 51.9 lakh ex-showroom and Rs 3 lakh for the top LS Luxury variant which starts at 56.95 lakh ex-showroom.
The exterior design of the coupe looks striking with spindle grille design and floating rooflines with multi-layer effect tail-lamps. LC500h will come as user personalized vehicle, with the cabin featuring a 10.3-inch infotainment system paired with touchpad control present near the gear lever. There is also a digital instrument cluster and a 10-way electrically adjustable driver's seat.
The safety features include adaptive headlamps, pre-collision braking, lane-keep assist and departure warning. Another safety feature includes pedestrian detection, which will be mandated for all manufacturers in India from October 2020.
The deliveries for the LC500h coupe will commence from March 2020 in India, imported as a completely built unit from Japan. In India, the LC500h will rival with the Jaguar F-type, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, and Porsche 911.
Starts Rs 2.27 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055