Lexus LS 500h launched in India at Rs 1.77 crore
Lexus introduced the all-new LS luxury sedan at the 2017 Detroit Motor Show last January. Exactly a year later, their flagship limousine has made its way to the Indian shores. At an event held in New Delhi, Lexus launched the LS 500h in the Indian market with prices starting at Rs 1.77 crore for the Luxury Grade trim, Rs 1.82 crore for the Ultra Luxury Grade, and topping out at Rs 1.93 crore the Distinct Grade trim (all prices ex-showroom, pan-India).
Hybrid powertrains are literally becoming a norm for Lexus in India and the LS 500h is the flag bearer for the carmaker's hybrid initiative. The LS 500h employs hybrid system comprising of a 3.5l V6 petrol engine mated to two electric motors for a combined system output of 355PS. Lexus claims a 0-100kmph sprint time of 5.4s. The drive train gets its battery power from a lightweight lithium-ion pack that uses a new space-saving satellite construction design.
The Lexus LS 500h will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the BMW 7 Series, the Jaguar XJ L and the upcoming Audi A8 L. The 500h measures 5.2m in length and has a wheelbase of 3.1m. The exterior design is radical and relatively more aggressive than what we have seen in the class. The cabin too is typical Lexus in its form and feel and to its credit, the tastefully done cabin won the LS 500h the 'EyesOn Design Award for Design Excellence - Interior Design'.
Lexus hints that apart from the design, space and hybrid powertrain, another big draw for the Lexus LS 500h will be it's driving dynamics which aim to make it a sporty offering in the super-luxury space. We will find out once we drive the car. The LS 500h goes on sale in India via Lexus' four dealerships based in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru.
Starts Rs 1.82 Crore
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?
- NewsDucati now offering free GoPro action camera on purchase of Multistrada 950 and Scrambler 800
- FeaturesHow the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak claimed the electric car record at Goodwood
- NewsRenault Captur offered with benefits of upto Rs 81,000 in India
- NewsJK NRC 2018: Surya Varathan crowned Novice Cup Champion