Lexus LS 500h launched in India at Rs 1.77 crore
Lexus introduced the all-new LS luxury sedan at the 2017 Detroit Motor Show last January. Exactly a year later, their flagship limousine has made its way to the Indian shores. At an event held in New Delhi, Lexus launched the LS 500h in the Indian market with prices starting at Rs 1.77 crore for the Luxury Grade trim, Rs 1.82 crore for the Ultra Luxury Grade, and topping out at Rs 1.93 crore the Distinct Grade trim (all prices ex-showroom, pan-India).
Hybrid powertrains are literally becoming a norm for Lexus in India and the LS 500h is the flag bearer for the carmaker's hybrid initiative. The LS 500h employs hybrid system comprising of a 3.5l V6 petrol engine mated to two electric motors for a combined system output of 355PS. Lexus claims a 0-100kmph sprint time of 5.4s. The drive train gets its battery power from a lightweight lithium-ion pack that uses a new space-saving satellite construction design.
The Lexus LS 500h will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the BMW 7 Series, the Jaguar XJ L and the upcoming Audi A8 L. The 500h measures 5.2m in length and has a wheelbase of 3.1m. The exterior design is radical and relatively more aggressive than what we have seen in the class. The cabin too is typical Lexus in its form and feel and to its credit, the tastefully done cabin won the LS 500h the 'EyesOn Design Award for Design Excellence - Interior Design'.
Lexus hints that apart from the design, space and hybrid powertrain, another big draw for the Lexus LS 500h will be it's driving dynamics which aim to make it a sporty offering in the super-luxury space. We will find out once we drive the car. The LS 500h goes on sale in India via Lexus' four dealerships based in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru.
Starts Rs 1.82 Crore
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019