Lexus NX300h launched in India at Rs 53.18 lakh
Lexus has launched its smallest offering, the Lexus NX300h in India at a starting price of Rs 53.18 lakh for the Luxury variant. The top of the line Lexus NX300h F-Sport variant has been priced at Rs 55.58 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, India). Deliveries are expected to begin in March 2018. The Lexus NX300h is the fourth model by Lexus in India since the brand's foray into the Indian car market in March this year, and is also its third hybrid here. While there are more powertrain options offered internationally, for India Lexus has launched the Lexus NX300h only with its hybrid 2.5-litre petrol engine that's paired to an electric motor which offers a healthy 196PS. The Lexus NX300h competes with German SUVs like the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC as well as the recently launched Volvo XC60.
The NX300h's styling is similar to what we have seen on other models from the Lexus stables, with a sharp, distinctive face and large grille. To confirm its hybrid status, the Lexus logo on the NX300h's grille gets a blue backlight as well. To complete the SUV look it also gets side skirts, roof rails, and black plastic cladding on the wheel arches. The rear is typical of Lexus' SUVs too, with sharp, angular taillights and bold character lines on the tailgate.
The Lexus NX300h gets the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) as a standard fit in India. The system consists of 650 control levels that can fine tune the damping forces to control the roll, pitch, rebound and squat
Just like the ES300h, RX450h and LX450d the NX300h is also being sold in India via the CBU route, though Lexus is keen on setting up assembly operations in future to price its cars more competitively. While the NX300h rivals German SUVs internationally, it is priced significantly higher than them here, given the fact that it comes via the more expensive CBU route.
Here's our first drive review of the Lexus NX300h:
Starts Rs 53.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show