Lexus NX300h showcased in India
Lexus has launched the NX300h in India, which is the brand's smallest offering globally. The SUV is on offer in two variants, Luxury and F-Sport, and will be priced around the Rs 60 lakh mark. Deliveries are expected to begin in March 2018. The NX300h is the fourth model by Lexus in India since the brand's foray into the Indian car market in March this year, and is also its third hybrid here. While there are more powertrain options offered internationally, for India Lexus has launched the NX300h only with its 2.5-litre petrol engine that's paired to an electric motor and offers a healthy 196PS.
The NX300h's styling is similar to what we have seen on other models from the Lexus stables, with a sharp, distinctive face and large grille. To confirm its hybrid status, the Lexus logo on the NX300h's grille gets a blue backlight as well. To complete the SUV look it also gets side skirts, roof rails and black plastic cladding on the wheel arches. The rear is typical of Lexus' SUVs too, with sharp, angular tail lights and bold character lines on the tail gate.
Just like the ES300h, RX450h and LX450d the NX300h is also being sold in India via the CBU route, though Lexus is keen on setting up assembly operations in future to price its cars more competitively. For instance, the NX300h rivals German SUVs like the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC internationally but is priced significantly higher given the fact it comes in via the more expensive CBU route.
Starts Rs 53.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers