Lexus NX300h showcased in India
Lexus has launched the NX300h in India, which is the brand's smallest offering globally. The SUV is on offer in two variants, Luxury and F-Sport, and will be priced around the Rs 60 lakh mark. Deliveries are expected to begin in March 2018. The NX300h is the fourth model by Lexus in India since the brand's foray into the Indian car market in March this year, and is also its third hybrid here. While there are more powertrain options offered internationally, for India Lexus has launched the NX300h only with its 2.5-litre petrol engine that's paired to an electric motor and offers a healthy 196PS.
The NX300h's styling is similar to what we have seen on other models from the Lexus stables, with a sharp, distinctive face and large grille. To confirm its hybrid status, the Lexus logo on the NX300h's grille gets a blue backlight as well. To complete the SUV look it also gets side skirts, roof rails and black plastic cladding on the wheel arches. The rear is typical of Lexus' SUVs too, with sharp, angular tail lights and bold character lines on the tail gate.
Just like the ES300h, RX450h and LX450d the NX300h is also being sold in India via the CBU route, though Lexus is keen on setting up assembly operations in future to price its cars more competitively. For instance, the NX300h rivals German SUVs like the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC internationally but is priced significantly higher given the fact it comes in via the more expensive CBU route.
Starts Rs 53.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India