Lexus NX300h showcased in India
Lexus has launched the NX300h in India, which is the brand's smallest offering globally. The SUV is on offer in two variants, Luxury and F-Sport, and will be priced around the Rs 60 lakh mark. Deliveries are expected to begin in March 2018. The NX300h is the fourth model by Lexus in India since the brand's foray into the Indian car market in March this year, and is also its third hybrid here. While there are more powertrain options offered internationally, for India Lexus has launched the NX300h only with its 2.5-litre petrol engine that's paired to an electric motor and offers a healthy 196PS.
The NX300h's styling is similar to what we have seen on other models from the Lexus stables, with a sharp, distinctive face and large grille. To confirm its hybrid status, the Lexus logo on the NX300h's grille gets a blue backlight as well. To complete the SUV look it also gets side skirts, roof rails and black plastic cladding on the wheel arches. The rear is typical of Lexus' SUVs too, with sharp, angular tail lights and bold character lines on the tail gate.
Just like the ES300h, RX450h and LX450d the NX300h is also being sold in India via the CBU route, though Lexus is keen on setting up assembly operations in future to price its cars more competitively. For instance, the NX300h rivals German SUVs like the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC internationally but is priced significantly higher given the fact it comes in via the more expensive CBU route.
Starts Rs 53.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019