Lexus studying possibility of India manufacturing facility
Lexus, luxury vehicle arm of Toyota, said that it is studying the possibility of setting up an assembly facility in India. Asked about the same, Lexus president Yoshihiro Sawa said, "I do not know when it will (happen) but we are studying...Taxation is so hard so we are now studying". When asked about the duty structure in India, he said it is a problem "but eventually, the government maintained the current condition, which is good for us, so we can continue our business". Pointing out the potential of Indian market, he added: "I hope Lexus will grow but we are just standing at the start point now". Currently, the company imports models into India from Japan.
The LX 450d is the flagship Lexus in India and biggest vehicle in the portfolio. It is also the most expensive of the lot. The SUV is based on the Toyota's underpinnings
Lexus marked its India entry in March this year with the introduction of a hybrid-focused line-up of vehicles featuring the ES 300h sedan, RX 450h crossover and LX 450d SUV. The company has opened four showrooms in Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Gurugram. Additionally, it also plans to establish service centres in Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kochi. In September, Lexus had announced a restructuring of its operations in India to go independent of its parent brand, Toyota.
Starts Rs 1.35 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far