Lexus studying possibility of India manufacturing facility
Lexus, luxury vehicle arm of Toyota, said that it is studying the possibility of setting up an assembly facility in India. Asked about the same, Lexus president Yoshihiro Sawa said, "I do not know when it will (happen) but we are studying...Taxation is so hard so we are now studying". When asked about the duty structure in India, he said it is a problem "but eventually, the government maintained the current condition, which is good for us, so we can continue our business". Pointing out the potential of Indian market, he added: "I hope Lexus will grow but we are just standing at the start point now". Currently, the company imports models into India from Japan.
The LX 450d is the flagship Lexus in India and biggest vehicle in the portfolio. It is also the most expensive of the lot. The SUV is based on the Toyota's underpinnings
Lexus marked its India entry in March this year with the introduction of a hybrid-focused line-up of vehicles featuring the ES 300h sedan, RX 450h crossover and LX 450d SUV. The company has opened four showrooms in Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Gurugram. Additionally, it also plans to establish service centres in Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kochi. In September, Lexus had announced a restructuring of its operations in India to go independent of its parent brand, Toyota.
Starts Rs 1.47 Crore
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and 500 India launch
- NewsAston Martin DBS GT Zagato can be bought only with the the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation
- NewsMahindra's genuine spares will also be sold online on M2ALL.com
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip