Live updates: 2018 Audi A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback and A5 Cabriolet launch in India
Audi will be launching its latest trip, the A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback and the A5 Cabriolet in India today. The "brat pack", as Audi likes to call it, is already present in the international markets. In terms of positioning, the Audi A5 will be placed above the A4 sedan and will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the BMW 3 Series. We have already driven the 2018 Audi S5 and here are our first impressions on the new sedan. One will see a new matte-finished three-dimensional single-frame grille, that has received a slight tweak with a mat over what we have already seen on other Audi sedans. Being a sportback, the inspiration from the Audi A7 Sportback is evident especially with the way the C-pillar blends into the rear profile.
The S5 Sportback will rival the likes the of the Mercedes-AMG C 43. The A5 Cabriolet will take on the C-Class convertible and the A5 Sportback literally has no competition in terms of its body style. In terms of its pricing and positioning though, it will feel the heat from the A4, the C-Class, the XE and the 3 Series. The A5 Sportback and the A5 convertible use the lovely 2.0l TDI turbo-diesel motor that also powers the A4 sedan. It puts out 190PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The S5 Sportback chooses a 3.0l petrol TFSI petrol V6 that puts out 354PS of power and 500Nm of torque.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we cover the launch of 2018 Audi A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback and A5 Cabriolet in India
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsSpecification comparison: Hero Xtreme 160R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4V vs Bajaj Pulsar NS160 vs Suzuki Gixxer 155 vs Yamaha FZ-S Fi V3.0
- FeaturesFive best V12-powered cars you can buy in 2020
- NewsHere's how Toyota is helping owners of its legendary sportscars, like the Supra and 2000GT, keep their cars running
- NewsKia Seltos gets top-spec Gravity variant in South Korea
- FeaturesPantera RX6 Rallycross car driven: Growing wings!
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block