Live updates: 2018 Audi A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback and A5 Cabriolet launch in India
Audi will be launching its latest trip, the A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback and the A5 Cabriolet in India today. The "brat pack", as Audi likes to call it, is already present in the international markets. In terms of positioning, the Audi A5 will be placed above the A4 sedan and will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the BMW 3 Series. We have already driven the 2018 Audi S5 and here are our first impressions on the new sedan. One will see a new matte-finished three-dimensional single-frame grille, that has received a slight tweak with a mat over what we have already seen on other Audi sedans. Being a sportback, the inspiration from the Audi A7 Sportback is evident especially with the way the C-pillar blends into the rear profile.
The S5 Sportback will rival the likes the of the Mercedes-AMG C 43. The A5 Cabriolet will take on the C-Class convertible and the A5 Sportback literally has no competition in terms of its body style. In terms of its pricing and positioning though, it will feel the heat from the A4, the C-Class, the XE and the 3 Series. The A5 Sportback and the A5 convertible use the lovely 2.0l TDI turbo-diesel motor that also powers the A4 sedan. It puts out 190PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The S5 Sportback chooses a 3.0l petrol TFSI petrol V6 that puts out 354PS of power and 500Nm of torque.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we cover the launch of 2018 Audi A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback and A5 Cabriolet in India
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Toyota finally win at the Circuit de la Sarthe
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: Thank you for introducing me to the world of motorcycles
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: My royal Enfield Bullet 350 is the essence of everything I remember my Dad for
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Kazuki Nakajima puts No.8 Toyota on pole
- NewsVolvo announces Polestar developed S60 T8 Twin Engine
- OpinionThe wet lap
- NewsMaruti Suzuki ends production of the Ignis diesel variant
- News2019 KTM 390 Adventure: Four ADV motorcycles it will compete with in India
- NewsKTM India confirms 390 Adventure days before BMW G 310 GS launch. What does it mean?