Live updates: Ducati Supersport and Supersport S launch in India
Ducati India has launched its newest sportsbike, the SuperSport in India today, along with its sportier version, the SuperSport S. Here is a detailed story of the launch of the Ducati SuperSport and the Ducati SuperSport S. The Ducati SuperSport debuted at the Milan Motor Show last year, where it was also adjudged the most beautiful motorcycle. The Ducati SuperSport is positioned as a sportsbike that's not as committed or intimidating to ride as the hardcore sportsbike can easily become. In that sense, the Ducati Supersport is designed to be a motorcycle that blends the sportsbike format with the need to commute, touring and even if you want it, racetrack use as well. Keeping the wider role definition in mind, the Ducati Supersport has slightly lower specification equipment, a 810mm seat and a rider triangle that places the handlebars surprisingly high for the sportsbike. It comes powered by Ducati's 937cc, Testastretta 11 L-twin liquid-cooled engine that produces 113PS and 95Nm of torque, which is the saame motor that also performs duty in the Hypermotard 939 and the Multistrada 950. Ducati of course, reiterate this is not that same engine and has considerable tuning though it retains the long 15,000km service interval.
Ducati says the idea behind the Supersport is to create a motorcycle that's a bit less extreme compared to the Panigales
Starts Rs 12,04,000
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show