Live updates: Volvo XC40 global reveal. Volvo's new compact SUV arrives in India mid-2018
Volvo had been teasing the new India-bound 2018 Volvo XC40 SUV slated for its global unveil today until a leaked trailer gave away the details, two days earlier. The Volvo XC40 carries forward the classy cabin, sleek body lines and the Thor's Hammer DRLs in headlamps as its larger stablemates, the XC90, XC60 and S90. When it is launched in India in the second quarter of 2018, the Volvo XC40 will compete with BMW X1, Audi Q3, and the Mercedes-Benz GLA. Based on the Volvo 40.1 Concept car, the XC40 is expected to be priced at Rs 28 lakh. It may come powered by a 1.5-litre turbo three-cylinder petrol and the four-cylinder Drive-E engines for the higher models. There might also be a T5-badged model with a plug-in hybrid.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show