Live webcast: Volkswagen unveils the Ameo compact sedan in India
The Volkswagen Ameo is a compact sub-four metre compact sedan that will rival the likes of the Maruti Swift Dzire, Ford Figo Aspire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest. The VW Ameo is not a chopped up version of the Vento, but a sedan based on the Polo instead. The Ameo shares the PQ25 platform with the Polo and the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo will get the smaller rear doors from the Polo and the face is expected to be similar to the hatchback too, but we expect it to get LED daytime running lights that are expected to make their way to the 2016 Vento. The rear windshield will rake sharper than the Vento.
We expect the same engine options as the VW Polo a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. VW's compact sedan is also likely to make the same power and torque as the hatchback.
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018