Live webcast: Volkswagen unveils the Ameo compact sedan in India
The Volkswagen Ameo is a compact sub-four metre compact sedan that will rival the likes of the Maruti Swift Dzire, Ford Figo Aspire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest. The VW Ameo is not a chopped up version of the Vento, but a sedan based on the Polo instead. The Ameo shares the PQ25 platform with the Polo and the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo will get the smaller rear doors from the Polo and the face is expected to be similar to the hatchback too, but we expect it to get LED daytime running lights that are expected to make their way to the 2016 Vento. The rear windshield will rake sharper than the Vento.
We expect the same engine options as the VW Polo a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. VW's compact sedan is also likely to make the same power and torque as the hatchback.
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?