Locally manufactured Jaguar XF launched in India at Rs 47.50 lakh
Jaguar today announced the commencement of local production of its XF sedan at its Chakan plant in India. The Jaguar XF is now priced at Rs 47.50 lakh, ex-Delhi. The sedan will continue be available with the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol and diesel motors. All 23 company dealerships have started taking bookings for this sedan.
Jaguar has launched the new-generation XF in India last year wherein the sedan had gone through a severe weight reduction of 190kg compared to the previous-gen model. The updated XF received design updates in the form of new XJ-inspired front bumper, J-blad DRLS with adaptive LED lights. The tail section was updated too with new lights and design tweaks on the bumper as well. The highlight of the rear profile was the new F-Type double-rounded LED lights.
The cabin of the Jaguar XF was updated with the new 12.3-cm TFT multi-information display cluster and a new 10.2-inch touchscreen InControl infotainment system paired with a Meridian sound system. The top-of-the-line Portfolio variant comes equipped with a 17-speaker system while the Prestige variant comes with 11 speakers.
The Ingenium engine is a 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel which is claimed to offer reduced CO2 emissions and increased fuel economy. Constructed from an all-aluminium block, it will be 20kg lighter than the previous diesel motors. The Jaguar XF's petrol variant will be powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine which produces 240PS of power. All variants will come with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The new-gen Jaguar XF that was launched last year was priced at Rs 49.50, ex-Delhi wherein the sedan was brought to India as a CBU. With local production, Jaguar India has dropped the prices by Rs 2 lakh. In addition, they have made features like 18-inch wheels and J-blade LED lights a standard feature on all the 2.0-litre petrol variants.
The 2017 range of the Jaguar XF is priced in the range of Rs 47.50 lakh to Rs 59.50 lakh. Jaguar seems to have timed the launch of the locally manufactured XF quite well as the new-gen Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB is expected to arrive in the first week of March. Mercedes-Benz has already started taking bookings for the new LWB variant. The XF also competes with the BMW 5 Series which is priced at Rs 50-52 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far