Los Angeles Motor Show: 2018 BMW i8 Roadster and Coupe are here
Electric cars should be extremely fun, engaging and also look good is what we believe, was the theme behind the BMW i8. The flagship BMW with loads of green tech make the i8 a unique offering. And now BMW has unveiled the 2018 i8 Roadster along with the Coupe at the Los Angeles Motor Show.
The BMW i8 Roadster made it first public appearance in the form of a concept at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show. The production model was teased multiple times on BMWs social channels. The German automobile manufacturer has confirmed that the 2018 i8 Roadster along with Coupe will go on sale in the middle of next year.
It can be seen from the images that the BMW i8 Roadster looks as appealing as the Coupe. The roof of the Roadster is made of an all-weather fabric that also takes care of the sound proofing of the cabin. BMW states that the roof of the i8 Roadster can be opened in 16seconds at speeds of up to 31mph.
While the new roof system is gorgeous, it has also compensated the boot space that now stands at 88-litre, not something that a BMW i8 owner would usually worry about.
The electric motor that is offered on the 2018 BMW i8 Roadster makes 143PS, which is an addition of 12PS. The combined system output now stands at 374PS where the gross energy capacity from the battery has increased from 7.1kWh to 11.6kWh. The petrol engine is a turbocharged 1.5-litre direct injection that puts out 231PS and 320Nm of torque.
Both the 2018 BMW i8 Roadster and the Coupe come with park distance control with sensors at the front and rear, high beam assistant, speed limit info and much more.
The prices of the 2018 BMW i8 Roadster start at £124,730. (Rs 1.09Cr excluding duties and taxes).
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled