Los Angeles motor show: That's the 700PS 2018 Ford Mustang Roush 729
Always loved the iconic Ford Mustang? There is new reason to eye it even more. At the Los Angeles Motor Show, Ford brought the 2018 Mustang Roush 729 that was shown as a concept at this year's SEMA auto show. The colour treatment given to this concept might appear familiar to Ford enthusiasts because the 2018 Mustang Roush 729 is a homage to the iconic 1970 Boss 429.
The 2018 Ford Mustang Roush gets additional design bits over the regular Stang
The 2018 Ford Mustang Roush 729 gets radical styling over the regular pony car. This can be seen with the wide body pack designed by Roush and Stratasys. To make things lighter and better, Ford has equipped this one with carbon fibre components for the front splitter, rear spoiler and also the side skirts. The Roush 729 runs on custom Vossen RVS forged alloy wheels on Continental ExtremeContact Sport tyres. Doing braking duties on this are Brembo units on all wheels.
The 2018 Mustang Roush 729 is a homage to the iconic 1970 Boss 429.
Under the hood of the 2018 Ford Mustang Roush 729 is the GT's 5.0-litre Coyote V8. Roush has added a new supercharger kit that has been developed with Ford Performance. It gets new front-inlet, front-drive design. The 5-litre motor now, thanks to the optimized porting and integral bypass along with Roush cold air intake, makes a staggering 700PS of power. The hood also comes equipped with a special functional air scoop that feeds air to the ram air intake and cold air intake. Owners of the Mustang Roush 729 can also have an option of tuning the exhaust note with the help of the new exhaust system.
The additions on the 2018 Ford Mustang Roush will be available on the regular model as well
Inside, the 2018 Ford Mustang Roush 729 comes with Recaro Racing seats draped in custom leather by Katzkin and a four-point racing harnesses. For additional safety, the performance muscle car comes with a Watson roll cage.
All the additions mentioned above can be added to the 2018 Ford Mustang, for a premium obviously. Here is a video explaining how the different bits of the 2018 Ford Mustang 729 were brought together.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India