'Made in India' Maruti Suzuki Baleno launched in Japan
The 'Made in India' Maruti Suzuki Baleno that was exported to Japan a couple of months ago, has now been launched. The car is priced at Rs 8.47 lakh (after conversion) for the XG variant with the naturally aspirated, 1.2-litre Dualjet engine. There's also an XT variant which has the 1-litre direct injection turbo motor which will be introduced on May 13, 2016. The Boosterjet engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission while the Dualjet engine comes with a CVT. These motors, however, are not available on the Indian-spec Baleno as of now. The made for Japan Baleno also gets a Radar Brake Support (RBS) that has a millimetre wave radar to mitigate collisions. It also gets adaptive cruise control, ESP and hill hold control.
Speaking about the Baleno's export to Japan, Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki said, "A landmark moment like this is a true testimony to the success of Indian Government's Make in India campaign. Launch of Made in India Baleno in Japan is a proud moment for all of us. This reaffirms Maruti Suzuki's manufacturing potential and growing importance of Maruti Suzuki India Limited in Suzuki Motor Corporation's global business strategies. I am confident our Baleno would be well accepted by Japanese customers as well."
India is the only country where the Baleno is produced and Suzuki plans to export the car to European nations too. In fact, the company plans to export the car to over 100 countries. The car has been a massive hit in India with waiting periods stretching to nearly seven months as of now. The engine choices here though are limited to the units from the Swift. Maruti is expected to launch the Baleno RS with the Boosterjet motor this year.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India