Magneti Marelli opens a new plant in India
Magneti Marelli, the principal supplier of Automated Manual Transmissions in India have opened a new plant in the country. The plant is located close to Maruti Suzuki's facility at Manesar, Gurgaon. The plant has an area spread of 7,500 square metres and has a production capacity of producing 2.8 lakh units each year. The increasing popularity of AMTs has prompted the manufacturer to add this new plant to cater to the local market.
Magneti currently has seven facilities in the country as well as an R&D centre. Apart from AMT, the company also deals in suspension, exhaust, powertrain, electronic systems as well as lighting. Cars which currently run the AMT in India are the Maruti Suzuki Celerio, Alto, Tata Zest and Nano.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept