Magneti Marelli opens a new plant in India
Magneti Marelli, the principal supplier of Automated Manual Transmissions in India have opened a new plant in the country. The plant is located close to Maruti Suzuki's facility at Manesar, Gurgaon. The plant has an area spread of 7,500 square metres and has a production capacity of producing 2.8 lakh units each year. The increasing popularity of AMTs has prompted the manufacturer to add this new plant to cater to the local market.
Magneti currently has seven facilities in the country as well as an R&D centre. Apart from AMT, thecompany also deals in suspension, exhaust, powertrain, electronic systems as well as lighting. Cars which currently run the AMT in India are the Maruti Suzuki Celerio, Alto, Tata Zest and Nano.
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh