Mahanagar Gas launches CNG kits for two-wheelers
Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL) in association with Eco Fuel has launched CNG kits for two-wheelers in Mumbai. The kits are available for most gearless scooters on sale in India and are being provided by two kit manufacturers - ITUK and Lovato. These kits have been approved by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) and International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).
The kits were launched by Dharmendra Pradhan, the union minister of state (independent charge) for petroleum and natural gas. He said that the launch of these CNG kits will offer over 36 lakh two-wheeler owners to switch to a relatively cleaner and economical mode of commuting.
The kit comprises of two cylinders that have a total capacity of 1.2kg. MGL estimates an average of 90km to a kg of CNG. That translates to an operating cost of 60 paise per kilometre. The company added that there are quite a lot of CNG filling stations across the city and its outskirts. There's also the MGL Connect app that users can download to locate the nearest CNG filling station in and around Mumbai.
CNG, as a fuel, is quite popular among car users who travel long distances on a daily basis. The fuel is also used by public transport vehicles like buses, taxis and autorickshaws. At present, MGL has the capacity of dispensing over 27 lakh kg of CNG every day.
- Review2019 Triumph Speed Twin first ride review
- NewsSkoda India and Volkswagen Group India inaugurate new tech centre under India 2.0
- OpinionWhy the makers do it
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani