Mahanagar Gas launches CNG kits for two-wheelers
Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL) in association with Eco Fuel has launched CNG kits for two-wheelers in Mumbai. The kits are available for most gearless scooters on sale in India and are being provided by two kit manufacturers - ITUK and Lovato. These kits have been approved by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) and International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).
The kits were launched by Dharmendra Pradhan, the union minister of state (independent charge) for petroleum and natural gas. He said that the launch of these CNG kits will offer over 36 lakh two-wheeler owners to switch to a relatively cleaner and economical mode of commuting.
The kit comprises of two cylinders that have a total capacity of 1.2kg. MGL estimates an average of 90km to a kg of CNG. That translates to an operating cost of 60 paise per kilometre. The company added that there are quite a lot of CNG filling stations across the city and its outskirts. There's also the MGL Connect app that users can download to locate the nearest CNG filling station in and around Mumbai.
CNG, as a fuel, is quite popular among car users who travel long distances on a daily basis. The fuel is also used by public transport vehicles like buses, taxis and autorickshaws. At present, MGL has the capacity of dispensing over 27 lakh kg of CNG every day.
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630