Mahindra acquires Erkunt, its second tractor maker in Turkey
Mahindra Farm Equipment, an arm of Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd has announced the acquisition of Erkunt Traktor Sanayii AS, the fourth largest tractor brand of Turkey. The move is part of Mahindra's strategy to expand its global presence in the farm equipment sector and specifically in Turkey. The Turkish market has the fourth largest tractor sector in the world. Mahindra expects the acquisition of Erkunt to be completed by the end of calendar year 2017. This is Mahindra Farm Equipment's second acquisition after it acquired Hisarlar earlier this year to mark its foray into the Turkish market. Looking to the future, Mahindra also recently showcased its first driverless tractor in India to further autonomous mobility in the farming equipment sector.
Dr Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
This association with Erkunt and Hisarlar will offer mechanisation solutions to Turkish farmers, as well as export products to the neighbouring markets of the Middle East, CIS and Europe.In addition, Mahindra will also acquire a foundry unit, Erkunt Sanayi AS, involved in castings to machining processes. This foundry unit focuses on producing engine blocks, cylinder heads and transmission cases. Its customer portfolio includes including JCB, MAN, Ford and Deutz.
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV