Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV to be launched in India on November 24
The Mahindra flagship SUV that was being developed under the project name Y400 has got an official name, the Alturas G4. The first thing that came to our minds (and it's obvious) was that Mahindra has deviated from its usual naming strategy to put an "O" in the name. Mahindra has officially confirmed that the pre-bookings of the Alturas G4 SUV will commence from today. While the official launch has been scheduled to take place on November 24, we believe that deliveries should start from December onwards. The Mahindra Alturas G4 will mark a debut of Mahindra in the premium SUV segment wherein it is said to be locking horns with the likes of the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner. The Alturas G4 will be built at the company's manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra
The Mahindra Alturas G4 has been spotted testing on numerous occasions. This vehicle has been spotted undergoing such testing earlier as well, but Mahindra seems to have completed giving finishing touches to the India-spec SUV, ahead of its launch next month. Mahindra had first showcased the SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, nine airbags and an electric parking brake.
The company states that the Mahinndra Alturas G4 SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a seven-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A six-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The new Mahindra Alturas G4 will be a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV. Positioned in the high-end SUV segment, the Alturas G4 will compete with players that operate in the Rs.30+ lakh (ex-Showroom) price range.
Speaking about the Alturas G4, Veejay Nakra, Chief of Sales & Marketing, M&M Ltd. said, "The word Alturas means 'height' or 'pinnacle'. The Alturas G4 represents a gateway into luxury for those who have reached the pinnacle of success in their lives. Being our most luxurious offering, exquisitely designed and crafted, we believe that the Alturas G4 name perfectly describes this product."
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh