Mahindra Alturas SUV bookings open ahead of November 24 launch
Bookings for Mahindra and Mahindra's new flagship SUV, the Mahindra Alturas, have commenced ahead of its launch on November 24. There are no details about the price but the car is expected to be a budget alternative to other ladder frame SUVs like the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Isuzu MU-X.
There will be two variants on offer. A two wheel drive G2 trim and the top spec G4 variant with four wheel drive. The Mahinndra Alturas SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a seven-speed Mercedes-Benz sourced automatic transmission. A six-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here. The Alturas is effectively a rebadged latest generation Ssangyong Rexton, which launched internationally a few years ago.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 has been spotted undergoing testing on numerous occasions, but Mahindra seems to have completed giving finishing touches to the India-spec SUV, ahead of its launch next month. Mahindra had first showcased the SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, nine airbags and an electric parking brake.
The new Mahindra Alturas G4 will be a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV. Positioned in the high-end SUV segment, the Alturas G4 will compete with players that operate in the Rs.30+ lakh (ex-Showroom) price range.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019