Mahindra Alturas SUV bookings open ahead of November 24 launch
Bookings for Mahindra and Mahindra's new flagship SUV, the Mahindra Alturas, have commenced ahead of its launch on November 24. There are no details about the price but the car is expected to be a budget alternative to other ladder frame SUVs like the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Isuzu MU-X.
There will be two variants on offer. A two wheel drive G2 trim and the top spec G4 variant with four wheel drive. The Mahinndra Alturas SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a seven-speed Mercedes-Benz sourced automatic transmission. A six-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here. The Alturas is effectively a rebadged latest generation Ssangyong Rexton, which launched internationally a few years ago.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 has been spotted undergoing testing on numerous occasions, but Mahindra seems to have completed giving finishing touches to the India-spec SUV, ahead of its launch next month. Mahindra had first showcased the SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, nine airbags and an electric parking brake.
The new Mahindra Alturas G4 will be a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV. Positioned in the high-end SUV segment, the Alturas G4 will compete with players that operate in the Rs.30+ lakh (ex-Showroom) price range.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019 Stage 9: Al-Attiyah claims Car category, Metge wins Moto class
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ranked ninth overall after Stage 9
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani