Mahindra and Pininfarina could finalise deal by end of 2015
Mahindra & Mahindra seems to be in the final stages of inking a deal with design house Pininfarina. There's been word of Mahindra's interest in Pininfarina for a few weeks now, but it looks like the deal is set to be signed before the end of 2015. Both the parties have agreed on the finer terms of the deal and Mahindra is raising money in the range of 150 million (approximately Rs 1,100 crore) to facilitate the same. The deal with Mahindra will also take care of Pininfarina's debt, which as of September 2015, was 47.4 million.
With automobile makers nurturing in-house talent for automotive design, design houses like Pininfarina aren't in the pink of their health anymore. In fact, for 10 out of the last 11 years, Pininfarina has reported losses. The Mahindra-Pininfarina deal will erase Pininfarina's debt and could be a ray of hope for its future.
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019