Mahindra and Pininfarina could finalise deal by end of 2015
Mahindra & Mahindra seems to be in the final stages of inking a deal with design house Pininfarina. There's been word of Mahindra's interest in Pininfarina for a few weeks now, but it looks like the deal is set to be signed before the end of 2015. Both the parties have agreed on the finer terms of the deal and Mahindra is raising money in the range of 150 million (approximately Rs 1,100 crore) to facilitate the same. The deal with Mahindra will also take care of Pininfarina's debt, which as of September 2015, was 47.4 million.
With automobile makers nurturing in-house talent for automotive design, design houses like Pininfarina aren't in the pink of their health anymore. In fact, for 10 out of the last 11 years, Pininfarina has reported losses. The Mahindra-Pininfarina deal will erase Pininfarina's debt and could be a ray of hope for its future.
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch