Mahindra announces BAJA SAEINDIA 2014
Mahindra and SAEINDIA, a professional Society of Automotive Engineers, have announced the dates of the seventh edition of BAJA SAEINDIA 2014, a platform for budding engineering students to showcase their skills to conceive, design and fabricate 4-wheeled single-seater all terrain vehicles.
About 327 teams had registered for event, of which 125 teams qualified for the final round next year. The finale will be held at NATRIP facility at Pithampur near Indore from February 20 to 23, 2014. The theme for this year's edition is 'RAISE THE BAR'. The 6th edition of BAJA series was ZERO Tolerance, which focused on 100 per cent compliance to the rule book.
Entries from various engineering colleges from across the country went through a virtual screening, where they presented their designs for the BAJA Buggy vehicle they wish to design for the final event. The qualifying teams were selected through analysis and comparison of the CAD designs, the CAE analysis, and the designs of the suspension, steering and brakes. The finalists will compete with their manufactured buggy race cars from February 20-23. The panel of judges will include eminent personalities from the industry.
"Over the years, BAJA has grown in popularity and has become a bigger event nationally signifying its increasing popularity. The forum gives young engineering talent an opportunity to showcase their skills and acquire a real life experience posed with challenges which is critical to their success in the long term. Mahindra & Mahindra is delighted to be associated with BAJA SAEINDIA 2014 as the title sponsor and with BAJA, we are taking forward the philosophy of Mahindra Rise to the next level," said Pawan Goenka, executive director & president, Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors, Mahindra.
- News2020 Skoda Superb facelift launched in India at Rs 29.99 lakh
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV launched in India at Rs 24.99 lakh
- News2020 Kawasaki Z650 priced at Rs 5.94 lakh
- NewsLive Updates: Skoda Karoq, Superb facelift and Rapid TSI India launch, prices, specs, features, fuel efficiency, details
- NewsUpcoming W223 Mercedes-Benz S-Class teased ahead of debut in H2 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!