Mahindra-backed Automobili Pininfarina officially announces it's electric hypercar, to launch in 2020
Mahindra-backed Pininfarina has announced the launch of a completely new luxury brand, Automobili Pinninfarina. The brand will be based in Europe and will design, engineer and manufacture high tech, performance oriented, luxury electric vehicles for high-value customer.
The flagship of this new brand will be the all-electric Chiron rivalling hypercar to be launched in 2020. Automobili Pininfarina will combine Pininfarina's experience in automotive design with Mahindra's electric vehicle (EV) know how gained from its participation in the Formula E electric racing car championship.
Automobili Pininfarina will be led by Michael Perschke, as its Chief Executive Officer who has had 25 years of experience working for brands like Audi and VW.
Paolo Pininfarina, chairman of Pininfarina SpA said that they were pleased to welcome the new company, Automobili Pininfarina which represents an additional client for Pininfarina SpA, joining the list of the many prestigious car makers for which they will be designing cars in the future. He said this project helped him and his family to realize his grandfather's dream of seeing cars solely branded Pininfarina on the roads.
Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group commented by saying that Italy's renowned design expertise produces objects of true beauty and unique style. Drawing upon the pedigree and design vocabulary of the Pininfarina aesthetic heritage they will develop a rare collector's item that only a handful of connoisseurs will ever own. It will be an innovative and pioneering product powered by high technology. He went on to say that Mahindra has bet big on electric vehicles. They are the future, and when power, beauty and high end EV technology come together in one car that will be the perfect luxury vehicle, that will give car lovers the freedom to roam without impacting the planet adversely.
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out