Mahindra-backed Automobili Pininfarina officially announces it's electric hypercar, to launch in 2020
Mahindra-backed Pininfarina has announced the launch of a completely new luxury brand, Automobili Pinninfarina. The brand will be based in Europe and will design, engineer and manufacture high tech, performance oriented, luxury electric vehicles for high-value customer.
The flagship of this new brand will be the all-electric Chiron rivalling hypercar to be launched in 2020. Automobili Pininfarina will combine Pininfarina's experience in automotive design with Mahindra's electric vehicle (EV) know how gained from its participation in the Formula E electric racing car championship.
Automobili Pininfarina will be led by Michael Perschke, as its Chief Executive Officer who has had 25 years of experience working for brands like Audi and VW.
Paolo Pininfarina, chairman of Pininfarina SpA said that they were pleased to welcome the new company, Automobili Pininfarina which represents an additional client for Pininfarina SpA, joining the list of the many prestigious car makers for which they will be designing cars in the future. He said this project helped him and his family to realize his grandfather's dream of seeing cars solely branded Pininfarina on the roads.
Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group commented by saying that Italy's renowned design expertise produces objects of true beauty and unique style. Drawing upon the pedigree and design vocabulary of the Pininfarina aesthetic heritage they will develop a rare collector's item that only a handful of connoisseurs will ever own. It will be an innovative and pioneering product powered by high technology. He went on to say that Mahindra has bet big on electric vehicles. They are the future, and when power, beauty and high end EV technology come together in one car that will be the perfect luxury vehicle, that will give car lovers the freedom to roam without impacting the planet adversely.
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed