Mahindra-backed Automobili Pininfarina officially announces it's electric hypercar, to launch in 2020
Mahindra-backed Pininfarina has announced the launch of a completely new luxury brand, Automobili Pinninfarina. The brand will be based in Europe and will design, engineer and manufacture high tech, performance oriented, luxury electric vehicles for high-value customer.
The flagship of this new brand will be the all-electric Chiron rivalling hypercar to be launched in 2020. Automobili Pininfarina will combine Pininfarina's experience in automotive design with Mahindra's electric vehicle (EV) know how gained from its participation in the Formula E electric racing car championship.
Automobili Pininfarina will be led by Michael Perschke, as its Chief Executive Officer who has had 25 years of experience working for brands like Audi and VW.
Paolo Pininfarina, chairman of Pininfarina SpA said that they were pleased to welcome the new company, Automobili Pininfarina which represents an additional client for Pininfarina SpA, joining the list of the many prestigious car makers for which they will be designing cars in the future. He said this project helped him and his family to realize his grandfather's dream of seeing cars solely branded Pininfarina on the roads.
Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group commented by saying that Italy's renowned design expertise produces objects of true beauty and unique style. Drawing upon the pedigree and design vocabulary of the Pininfarina aesthetic heritage they will develop a rare collector's item that only a handful of connoisseurs will ever own. It will be an innovative and pioneering product powered by high technology. He went on to say that Mahindra has bet big on electric vehicles. They are the future, and when power, beauty and high end EV technology come together in one car that will be the perfect luxury vehicle, that will give car lovers the freedom to roam without impacting the planet adversely.
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!