Mahindra-backed Automobili Pininfarina releases teaser image showing its first EV hypercar, the PF0
Automobili Pininfarina has released a new teaser image of its first all-electric hypercar termed the PF0. The picture shows a part of the rear of the car revealings its split spoiler which also integrates the LED taillamps. Below this, the Pininfarina badging and numberplate are placed. Following this is what seems like the top half of a big rear diffuser, finished in a contrasting shade of grey.
The Pininfarina PF0 will make its debut at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show after a full-scale design concept is presented exclusively to prospective clients before the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance event. Interior sketches have been made public in the meantime.
The PF0 will make upwards of 1500PS, making for Bugatti Chiron levels of performance. The company claims a 0 to 100 kmph time of fewer than two seconds and a top speed of over 400 kmph. The company claims the PF0 will do more than 480 km on a full charge. The company has tied up with Croatian EV component and sportscar maker Rimac for this project. There will also be close collaboration with the Mahindra Formula E setup.
Variations of the modular platform that will underpin the hypercar will also be the base for three more all-electric SUVs that will compete with the likes of the Lamborghini Urus, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Macan.
The design of the PF0 is being done at the Pininfarina SpA Design Studio. The Automobili Pininfarina PF0 will be hand-crafted in Cambiano, Italy by the Pininfarina SpA atelier in strictly-limited numbers of 150 units from 2020 onward. The company mentions that the PF0 is in the final stages of design and has been inspired by famous Pininfarina cars such as the Cisitalia, Modulo and Sintesi.
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil