Mahindra-backed Automobili Pininfarina releases teaser image showing its first EV hypercar, the PF0
Automobili Pininfarina has released a new teaser image of its first all-electric hypercar termed the PF0. The picture shows a part of the rear of the car revealings its split spoiler which also integrates the LED taillamps. Below this, the Pininfarina badging and numberplate are placed. Following this is what seems like the top half of a big rear diffuser, finished in a contrasting shade of grey.
The Pininfarina PF0 will make its debut at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show after a full-scale design concept is presented exclusively to prospective clients before the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance event. Interior sketches have been made public in the meantime.
The PF0 will make upwards of 1500PS, making for Bugatti Chiron levels of performance. The company claims a 0 to 100 kmph time of fewer than two seconds and a top speed of over 400 kmph. The company claims the PF0 will do more than 480 km on a full charge. The company has tied up with Croatian EV component and sportscar maker Rimac for this project. There will also be close collaboration with the Mahindra Formula E setup.
Variations of the modular platform that will underpin the hypercar will also be the base for three more all-electric SUVs that will compete with the likes of the Lamborghini Urus, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Macan.
The design of the PF0 is being done at the Pininfarina SpA Design Studio. The Automobili Pininfarina PF0 will be hand-crafted in Cambiano, Italy by the Pininfarina SpA atelier in strictly-limited numbers of 150 units from 2020 onward. The company mentions that the PF0 is in the final stages of design and has been inspired by famous Pininfarina cars such as the Cisitalia, Modulo and Sintesi.
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India