Mahindra enters the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle space with the Furio range in India
Mahindra recently unveiled the Furio range of trucks in India that marks the brand's entry into the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle (ICV) segment in India. With an investment of Rs. 600 crore and development by more than 500 engineers, 180 suppliers, the Mahindra Furio is one of the most important commercial vehicle platforms for the company. Designed by Pininfarina, the Mahindra Furio truck has been tested over 17 lakh km over various terrains in the country along with more than 1,000 trials, mentions the company. The Mahindra Furio will be manufactured at the company's facility in Chakan.
With an investment of Rs. 600 crore and development by more than 500 engineers, 180 suppliers, the Mahindra Furio is one of the most important commercial vehicle platforms for the company.
"The launch of the Furio comes closely on the heels of the successful introduction of Mahindra's HCV range of trucks, the Blazo, which also resulted in substantial volume and market share growth for Mahindra. With the addition of this new range of ICVs, MTB will emerge as a complete trucking solutions provider in the Indian CV market." commented, Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
The Mahindra Furio's MDI tech powertrain comes with the company's FuelSmart technology that claims to optimize fuel consumption. The highlight of this technology is the multimode switches to optimize fuel consumption to the load and road conditions. Mahindra states that the MDI tech will offer higher efficiency for its light weight construction and lower friction losses. Additionally, during its development, Engine Testing included two phases of accelerated testing of 8,000 hours each with different test cycles.
- NewsNissan India to increase prices across its range from January 1, 2019
- NewsNew for 2020 Volkswagen Passat teased for North America
- Review2018 Hyundai Santro AMT road test review
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019