Mahindra enters the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle space with the Furio range in India
Mahindra recently unveiled the Furio range of trucks in India that marks the brand's entry into the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle (ICV) segment in India. With an investment of Rs. 600 crore and development by more than 500 engineers, 180 suppliers, the Mahindra Furio is one of the most important commercial vehicle platforms for the company. Designed by Pininfarina, the Mahindra Furio truck has been tested over 17 lakh km over various terrains in the country along with more than 1,000 trials, mentions the company. The Mahindra Furio will be manufactured at the company's facility in Chakan.
With an investment of Rs. 600 crore and development by more than 500 engineers, 180 suppliers, the Mahindra Furio is one of the most important commercial vehicle platforms for the company.
"The launch of the Furio comes closely on the heels of the successful introduction of Mahindra's HCV range of trucks, the Blazo, which also resulted in substantial volume and market share growth for Mahindra. With the addition of this new range of ICVs, MTB will emerge as a complete trucking solutions provider in the Indian CV market." commented, Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
The Mahindra Furio's MDI tech powertrain comes with the company's FuelSmart technology that claims to optimize fuel consumption. The highlight of this technology is the multimode switches to optimize fuel consumption to the load and road conditions. Mahindra states that the MDI tech will offer higher efficiency for its light weight construction and lower friction losses. Additionally, during its development, Engine Testing included two phases of accelerated testing of 8,000 hours each with different test cycles.
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th