Mahindra enters the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle space with the Furio range in India
Mahindra recently unveiled the Furio range of trucks in India that marks the brand's entry into the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle (ICV) segment in India. With an investment of Rs. 600 crore and development by more than 500 engineers, 180 suppliers, the Mahindra Furio is one of the most important commercial vehicle platforms for the company. Designed by Pininfarina, the Mahindra Furio truck has been tested over 17 lakh km over various terrains in the country along with more than 1,000 trials, mentions the company. The Mahindra Furio will be manufactured at the company's facility in Chakan.
With an investment of Rs. 600 crore and development by more than 500 engineers, 180 suppliers, the Mahindra Furio is one of the most important commercial vehicle platforms for the company.
"The launch of the Furio comes closely on the heels of the successful introduction of Mahindra's HCV range of trucks, the Blazo, which also resulted in substantial volume and market share growth for Mahindra. With the addition of this new range of ICVs, MTB will emerge as a complete trucking solutions provider in the Indian CV market." commented, Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
The Mahindra Furio's MDI tech powertrain comes with the company's FuelSmart technology that claims to optimize fuel consumption. The highlight of this technology is the multimode switches to optimize fuel consumption to the load and road conditions. Mahindra states that the MDI tech will offer higher efficiency for its light weight construction and lower friction losses. Additionally, during its development, Engine Testing included two phases of accelerated testing of 8,000 hours each with different test cycles.
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip