Mahindra Formula E team felicitated at the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy event
Mahindra Racing's Formula E team is the Formula E team to be felicitated at the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy event. The event was held on May 5 in Brisighella, Italy and the Formula E team was recognised for their achievements in the championship since 2014.
The Mahindra racing team was one of the 10 founding members of the Formula E championship. Although they started off as a back-marker team in the first season, the team has made steady progress since. They finished eighth in the first season but then moved up to fifth in season two. Mahindra Racing took its first win in season three and notched up 10 podiums that season, the highest for any team that year. They have shown promise this season as well and currently sit fourth in the championship.
Team principal and CEO Dilbagh Gill collected the award and driver Nick Heidfeld was also present to collect a separate award from the Italian Senate. He then put on a show with the M4Electro, driving Mahindra's last year's car in two laps of the town's 'figure-of-eight' circuit.
Since its inception 26 years ago, the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy is awarded to young people who show commendable skill and character in Formula 1. It was constituted in memory of Italian racing driver Lorenzo Bandini. He raced for the Scuderia Centro Sud and Ferrari Formula 1 teams from 1961 to 1967 and achieved one pole position, two fastest laps, eight podiums and a race win in his F1 career. He also a commendable endurance racer and won Le Mans and the Targo Florio, before his career was sadly cut short at the 1970 Monaco Grand Prix.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show