Mahindra Imperio to be launched on January 6, 2016
Mahindra will soon launch the Imperio premium pickup in India on January 6, 2016. This will the first launch for the Indian utility vehicle maker and the company plans to further increase its lead in the small commercial vehicle segment. Mahindra already enjoys a 53 per cent market share in the LCV segment.
Image source: Indianautosblog.com
The Imperio sits on the same platform as the Genio but has a refined exterior design to make it look more appealing. Mahindra will target the small and medium business sector with its latest foray into light commercial vehicle segment. The highlight of the Mahindra Imperio will be its styling followed by performance and driving comfort.
Speaking about the launch, Pravin Shah, president and chief executive (automotive), M&M Ltd said, "Since we are the market leader in the small commercial vehicle segment, I am sure that with the addition of the Imperio, we will consolidate our leadership in the commercial vehicle space even more".
The Mahindra Imperio has been conceptualised and developed at Mahindra's research and development facility in Chennai and will be manufactured at the Chakan plant in Pune. Mahindra might fit the Imperio with the same 2.5-litre engine from the Genio which makes 75PS of power and 220Nm of torque. The features of the Mahindra Imperio too will be similar to the DC VX variant.
The Mahindra Imperio will be priced higher than the Genio. There's no word yet on whether the Genio will be discontinued thereafter, but it's likely that Mahindra may sell it as a base option.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show