Mahindra inaugurates a test facility in Chennai
Mahindra and Mahindra have inaugurated its new research and development centre in Chennai â" Mahindra Research Valley (MRV). The inauguration was done by former president of India, APJ Abdul Kalam.
This new R&D centre will be a facility for both tractors and automobiles. It is spread across 125 acres and the company is said to have invested over Rs 650 crore in it. The developmental work happening here will include environment friendly advanced propulsion systems - hydrogen, fuel cells, bio-diesels and hybrids. Embedded systems, infotronics, artificial intelligence, mechatronics alternative polymer technology for automotive applications, vehicle passenger safety and validation of aggregates of vehicles and advanced telematics will also be a part of the study.
The centre also has an engine prototype as also testing facilities with emphasis stressed on reduction of carbon footprint. A separate NVH lab also has been setup and has a semi anechoic chamber for chassis dyno, modal room, sound quality room and PTO dyno. There is also a separate design centre which will be responsible for the project to start from concept to production.
Pawan Goenka, president â" automotive & farm equipment sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, "MRV will provide the Mahindra Group with the tangible benefit of indigenous design at lower costs and shortened product development cycles. All of which when aligned with the latest technological advancement in the field of automotive research would translate into a dramatic increase in intellectual property for the company, resulting in global recognition. We have already seen this manifest in the very successful Mahindra XUV500 which was the first product to be designed and developed at MRV."
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range