Mahindra Jeeto mini-truck launched in India at Rs 2.35 lakh
Mahindra's all new mini-truck, the Jeeto has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 2.35 lakh, going up to Rs 2.70 lakh for the top-end variant - all prices are ex-Thane. There are eight variants to choose from, depending on payload, engine and deck lengths. The Mahindra Jeeto comes in BS3 and BS4 options. Mahindra says that the Jeeto will cater to the three-wheeler micro- and mini-truck customers.
The Jeeto variants, the S series (S6-11, S6-16), L series (L6-11, L6-16, L7-11, L7-16) and X series (X7-11, X7-16) will be powered by a direct injected M-Dura engine which comes in 11PS and 16PS configurations. Mahindra claims an impressive fuel efficiency between 27.8 and 37.6kmpl. The company also says that the Jeeto's low maintenance costs make it 30 per cent more profitable than its nearest competitor.
Mahindra rolls out the Jeeto from its new extended facility at Zaheerabad in Telangana. The mini-truck is available in five colours and comes with a two-year/40,000km warranty.
Speaking at the launch of Jeeto, Pawan Goenka, executive director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, "At Mahindra we have regularly created disruptions in the market with our alternative thinking and the Jeeto with its unique value proposition is a clear validation of this philosophy. A true 'make-in-India' vehicle with a modular platform, the Jeeto is poised to redefine the landscape of the small commercial vehicle industry within India and drive positive change by providing its customers with a higher earning potential. It is also a matter of pride for us that through the launch of this product, we are able to participate in the industrialisation of the newest state of India, Telangana".
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018