Mahindra KUV100 to be launched on January 15, 2016
Mahindra has unveiled a rendering of the upcoming compact SUV, the KUV100. With this vehicle, Mahindra hopes to get the attention of the young buyers in the market looking to upgrade from a hatchback. The KUV100 is based on a brand new platform from Mahindra and will sit below the TUV300 in the product line. This compact SUV will run brand new petrol and diesel engines under the mFalcon banner. Both engines will displace 1.2-litres and both will have 3-cylinder. This will be the first vehicle from Mahindra to run a petrol engine since the brief stint with the petrol Scorpio several years ago.
This is what the production-ready KUV100 looks like
The mFalcon80 petrol engine makes 82PS of power and 114Nm while the mFalcon75 diesel engine puts out 77PS and 190Nm of torque. It gets a 5-speed manual gearbox and Mahindra says that they have no plans of introducing an automatic anytime soon. Mahindra seems to be focusing on safety with the KUV100 as they will provide ABS as standard and optional airbags across all variants. It will be sold in 4 main variants, three of which will offer airbags as an option while the top K8 variant gets airbags as standard.
The K2 is the base variant, and with optional airbags, you get the K2+ variant. It the same case with the K4 and K4+ and the K6 and K6+ trims. The K8 variant is the top-of the line trim and gets airbags as standard.
Final rendering of the KUV100
The Mahindra KUV100 will be launched on 15 January 2016, but bookings for the compact SUV will be open from 19 December.
- FeaturesBean counters: Observations from the 2018 Rally of Chikmagalur
- NewsINRC 2019: Champions Group announced as new promoters for national rally championship beginning 2019
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range