Mahindra KUV100 image teased online
Mahindra have shared an image of their upcoming SUV on their official Facebook page. The official unveil of the product name is scheduled for December 18, 2015. The SUV developed under the codename S101, will be christened the KUV100 which stands for Kompact Utility Vehicle.
The Mahindra KUV100 is the company's first attempt at making an SUV with a petrol engine (great news in the light of the imminent diesel SUV restrictions in Delhi). It will be based on an all new monocoque platform. The exterior design of Mahindra KUV100 will resemble the new TUV300, Scorpio and the XUV500 but with compact dimensions while retaining a muscular profile.
From the teaser image, it is visible that the bonnet will have strong character lines and the headlights will have a chrome strip along the outline. The fog lamps will have a vertical placement and there will be bash plates tucked underneath the front and the rear bumpers. For SUV-like ruggedness, the Mahindra KUV100 will have a ground clearance of 200mm.
The interiors of Mahindra KUV100 will be reminiscent of the layout seen in the TUV300. However, it will have a uniquely placed gear lever on the front dashboard to make room for three passengers on the first row. The second row too will accommodate three occupants. The central console with a piano finish surround will sport a touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, USB and aux-in connectivity. In terms of features and options, the KUV100 will come with the best in the segment options, says Mahindra.
The engine options for Mahindra KUV100 will include brand new 1.2-litre petrol and diesel three cylinder engines. We expect prices of Mahindra KUV100 to range between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 7 lakh. It will rival the likes of Chevrolet Beat, Hyundai Grandi10 and Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000