Mahindra launches premium 110cc Centuro motorcycle at Rs 45,000 ex-Delhi
Mahindra 2Wheelers has launched the Centuro, its second motorcycle in the commuter segment at a price of Rs 45,000 ex-showroom Delhi. The company has announced that the first 10,000 customers will get the motorcycle for Rs 44,000.
Powering the Centuro is a 106.7cc single cylinder, air cooled four-stroke motor developing 8.4PS and a four-speed transmission.
The Centuro shares the same engine as the Pantero launched earlier this year to compete with TVS Star City and Hero HF Deluxe in the Rs 36,000-42,000 segment. It, however, comes with added features and new styling to pit Mahindra against the likes of the Bajaj Discover 100T and the Hero Passion XPro.
Mahindra claims an ARAI certified fuel-efficiency of 85.4kmpl and the bike comes with a five year warranty.
One of the most striking features of the Centuro is a central tachometer which is rare in commuter segment bikes. It also comes with features like a clock, service indicator, distance-to-empty indicator and a multi-function flip-open key with a bike finder feature. The bike also boasts of follow-me-home lamps, unique in the segment. As much as we would have liked a disc up front, Mahindra is, as of now, offering the Centuro with only drum brakes.
Mahindra has sold 3,159 units of the Pantero in the last two months.With the Centuro's premium features and correspondingly higher pricing, it will be interesting to see how it fares in the highly competitive entry-level motorcycle segment.
For our riding impressions of the new Mahindra Centuro, click here
Starts Rs 48,935
Starts Rs 39,900
- FeaturesYamaha MT-15 long term review: After 6,222km and three months
- FeaturesThings to consider while buying an EV
- NewsMini to get back the manuals in 2021, in the US
- FeaturesVideo series worth watching: BMW International GS Trophy 2020
- NewsMG Motor India to set up 100-member women's hostel for workforce
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055